THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: SUNDAY, 23RD AUGUST 2015.

THEME: GOD REMEMBERED JABEZ

TEXT: 1 Chronicles 4:9-10
9 And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.

10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

MEMORY VERSE: And the young man deferred not to do the thing, because he had delight in Jacob's daughter: and he was more honourable than all the house of his father. Genesis 34:19

MESSAGE:
Everything written in the Bible is to teach us one thing or the other. And so nothing is written by accident. Today, let us examine the man called Jabez.
Literally the meaning of his name is sorrow.

His mother called him sorrow (Jabez) because of what she passed through before she gave birth to him. And so since the young man was born, he had been operating in sorrow. Everything he did ended up in sorrow, yet God created him to be more honourable than his brethren. God had wonderful destiny for Jabez but the enemy entered through his mother to scatter that wonderful destiny. So are some of you. God created you a great man/woman but your parents ignorantly sold you to the devil either by the name they gave you or they dedicated you to one shrine or the other, and since your age of reasoning, everything you have ever done ended up in near success syndrome.

Nearly I would have gone overseas, nearly I would have passed, nearly, nearly every time. I want you to take note; Jabez did not fold his hands. He prayed earnestly (not 30 secs prayer), he prayed like there is no tomorrow and God had no option than to grant his request. Now the Jabez of the Bible has gone, you are the Jabez of today, you need to cry to God. pray as if you will not live till tomorrow and God, who answered the Jabez of the Bible will surely answer you. Therefore anything causing sorrow in your life, pray earnestly against it now.

PRAYER POINTS:
* Today you are going to manufacture prayer points, outline those things causing sorrows in your life/family. Now begin to bombard heaven with them.

AMEND YOUR WAYS:
If you are not born again you must do something as a matter of urgency. He that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8).
If you are into lying, cheating, bitterness, keeping malice, pride, manifesting anger, quarreling, unforgiveness, hatred, envy, contention, strife, gossiping, taking or giving bribe, selfishness,
kidnapping. If you are into masturbation, fornication, adultery, prostitution, abortion, lesbianism, homosexuality, you need to repent.
Are you into idolatry, do you make or use charms, rituals, bow down to images, Are you into occultism?
Do you smoke cigarette, cocaine, heroine? Are you lusting, covetous, alcohol drinking, divorcee or into worldliness?, you must stop bleaching your body, or painting your lips, eyes, fixing attachments, weave-on, earrings (Gen 35:2-4)
Are you one of those that put on nude dresses, short skirts, transparent dresses to seduce
(A seducer is not a Christian) do you wear trouser as a woman?
Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ.

LET'S PRAY:
If you want to give your life to JESUS pray this short prayer with me:
Almighty God, I come unto you in the name of Jesus. Father I confess that I am a sinner. All my sins I confess to you. I am very sorry for all my sins.
Lord I promise you that from today I will never continue in them anymore.
I believe that Jesus Christ died and rose again on the third day for my justification. Almighty God, use the blood of Jesus to wash my sins away. Lord Jesus, come into my heart, be my Lord and Personal Savior.
I surrender my life to you.
Cancel my name from the book of death and give me grace to make Heaven. AMEN!

AUTHOR: PASTOR LAZARUS MUOKA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD'S ABUNDANT BLESSING IN THE KINGDOM UPDATE...

GRAND FINALE OF PORT HARCOURT CRUSADE, 2015.