THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONA...
THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE: TUESDAY, 14TH JULY 2015.
THEME: WHEN HEAVEN SEEMS TO HAVE CLOSED.
TEXT: 2 Chronicles 7:13-14
13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
MEMORY VERSE:
Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6-7
MESSAGE:
There are some situations in life when Christians do not seem to understand what is going on in their lives because things do not go the way they expect. Such people get frustrated along the line and may begin to backslide. They may not take the things of God serious any longer because of the negative experiences.
To some, it could be delays in life, business downturn, sickness and diseases, childlessness, loss of job yet to others; it could be untimely death in the family, hatred by people for unexplained reasons, demonic attacks, loss of inner peace or failure at the edge of breakthrough, one calamity or the other. In any of these, God is not the cause because He is a God of goodness and compassion.
He has set His rules and juxtaposed life and death and commanded us to choose one. He went further to advise that we choose life that we may live.
If the wages of sin is death, will you blame God for what befalls a sinner who refuse to repent and amend his ways? Surely such a person has chosen death.
When things do not go well for a Christian, let him or her embark on soul searching and see if sin is the cause and let him or her confess the sin and repent so that the mercy of God can mitigate the judgment for that sin.
If you are born again; have you experienced brokenness or the circumcision of the heart? Are there still little foxes that spoil the vine in your life? A broken believer can hardly offend God.
The position you hold in the church does not matter or your number of years in the Lord.
Are you broken? Do you have another god? What is your relationship with people within and outside the church? Is there hatred, unforgiveness, malice? Do you talk like a believer? Examine yourself and amend your ways.
Granted, the wicked ones may be accountable for the troubles of some believers but in any case, bring God into the matter. If sin is not the cause of your predicament, keep believing God but if the reverse is the case, repent from your heart and sin no more and God will hear from heaven and heal your land.
PRAYER POINTS:
* Pray and ask God to reveal the cause of your problem.
* Ask God in humility to deliver you.
AMEND YOUR WAYS:
If you are not born again you must do something as a matter of urgency. He that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8).
If you are into lying, cheating, bitterness, keeping malice, pride, manifesting anger, quarreling, unforgiveness, hatred, envy, contention, strife, gossiping, taking or giving bribe, selfishness,
kidnapping. If you are into masturbation, fornication, adultery, prostitution, abortion, lesbianism, homosexuality, you need to repent.
Are you into idolatry, do you make or use charms, rituals, bow down to images, Are you into occultism?
Do you smoke cigarette, cocaine, heroine? Are you lusting, covetous, alcohol drinking, divorcee or into worldliness?, you must stop bleaching your body, or painting your lips, eyes, fixing attachments, weave-on, earrings (Gen 35:2-4)
Are you one of those that put on nude dresses, short skirts, transparent dresses to seduce
(A seducer is not a Christian) do you wear trouser as a woman?
Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ.
LET'S PRAY:
If you want to give your life to JESUS pray this short prayer with me:
Almighty God, I come unto you in the name of Jesus. Father I confess that I am a sinner. All my sins I confess to you. I am very sorry for all my sins.
Lord I promise you that from today I will never continue in them anymore.
I believe that Jesus Christ died and rose again on the third day for my justification. Almighty God, use the blood of Jesus to wash my sins away. Lord Jesus, come into my heart, be my Lord and Personal Savior.
I surrender my life to you.
Cancel my name from the book of death and give me grace to make Heaven. AMEN!
AUTHOR: PASTOR LAZARUS MUOKA.
DATE: TUESDAY, 14TH JULY 2015.
THEME: WHEN HEAVEN SEEMS TO HAVE CLOSED.
TEXT: 2 Chronicles 7:13-14
13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
MEMORY VERSE:
Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6-7
MESSAGE:
There are some situations in life when Christians do not seem to understand what is going on in their lives because things do not go the way they expect. Such people get frustrated along the line and may begin to backslide. They may not take the things of God serious any longer because of the negative experiences.
To some, it could be delays in life, business downturn, sickness and diseases, childlessness, loss of job yet to others; it could be untimely death in the family, hatred by people for unexplained reasons, demonic attacks, loss of inner peace or failure at the edge of breakthrough, one calamity or the other. In any of these, God is not the cause because He is a God of goodness and compassion.
He has set His rules and juxtaposed life and death and commanded us to choose one. He went further to advise that we choose life that we may live.
If the wages of sin is death, will you blame God for what befalls a sinner who refuse to repent and amend his ways? Surely such a person has chosen death.
When things do not go well for a Christian, let him or her embark on soul searching and see if sin is the cause and let him or her confess the sin and repent so that the mercy of God can mitigate the judgment for that sin.
If you are born again; have you experienced brokenness or the circumcision of the heart? Are there still little foxes that spoil the vine in your life? A broken believer can hardly offend God.
The position you hold in the church does not matter or your number of years in the Lord.
Are you broken? Do you have another god? What is your relationship with people within and outside the church? Is there hatred, unforgiveness, malice? Do you talk like a believer? Examine yourself and amend your ways.
Granted, the wicked ones may be accountable for the troubles of some believers but in any case, bring God into the matter. If sin is not the cause of your predicament, keep believing God but if the reverse is the case, repent from your heart and sin no more and God will hear from heaven and heal your land.
PRAYER POINTS:
* Pray and ask God to reveal the cause of your problem.
* Ask God in humility to deliver you.
AMEND YOUR WAYS:
If you are not born again you must do something as a matter of urgency. He that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8).
If you are into lying, cheating, bitterness, keeping malice, pride, manifesting anger, quarreling, unforgiveness, hatred, envy, contention, strife, gossiping, taking or giving bribe, selfishness,
kidnapping. If you are into masturbation, fornication, adultery, prostitution, abortion, lesbianism, homosexuality, you need to repent.
Are you into idolatry, do you make or use charms, rituals, bow down to images, Are you into occultism?
Do you smoke cigarette, cocaine, heroine? Are you lusting, covetous, alcohol drinking, divorcee or into worldliness?, you must stop bleaching your body, or painting your lips, eyes, fixing attachments, weave-on, earrings (Gen 35:2-4)
Are you one of those that put on nude dresses, short skirts, transparent dresses to seduce
(A seducer is not a Christian) do you wear trouser as a woman?
Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ.
LET'S PRAY:
If you want to give your life to JESUS pray this short prayer with me:
Almighty God, I come unto you in the name of Jesus. Father I confess that I am a sinner. All my sins I confess to you. I am very sorry for all my sins.
Lord I promise you that from today I will never continue in them anymore.
I believe that Jesus Christ died and rose again on the third day for my justification. Almighty God, use the blood of Jesus to wash my sins away. Lord Jesus, come into my heart, be my Lord and Personal Savior.
I surrender my life to you.
Cancel my name from the book of death and give me grace to make Heaven. AMEN!
AUTHOR: PASTOR LAZARUS MUOKA.

Comments