THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...




THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: WEDNESDAY, 9TH MARCH 2016.

THEME: HOW ARE YOU FULFILLING YOUR MINISTRY?

TEXT: JOSHUA 1:1-5.
1. Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,

2. Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.


3. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.

4. From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.

5. There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

MEMORY VERSE: And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it. COLOSSIANS 4:17.

MESSAGE:
Every born again Christian has an assignment God has given him or her to fulfill as his or her ministry in the course of the person's Christian journey. In our text above, God commissioned Joshua to lead the Israelites to the Promised Land. In the course of this assignment he led the people in the prosecution of several battles against the original occupants of the land. Most of the kingdoms were eliminated from the face of the earth. Joshua fulfilled that herculean task, apportioned the land to the tribes of Israelites. They all settled and he retired.

At the conversion of Saul christened Apostle Paul, God's instruction to him was to carry the gospel to the gentiles and the rich. As a lawyer who had been moving with the elitist group in the society he was at home taking the gospel to them with ease. In the memory verse, Apostle Paul writing to the Colossian church told Archippus to adhere to the ministry God has given him and ensure its fulfilment.
At the conversion of every child of God there is always a ministry given to him. Apart from the working in the vineyard of God, every born again Christian is given to the ministry of evangelism. He is to bring souls to the kingdom of God. That makes the person a worker in the vineyard of God
Apostle Paul was given the ministry of reaching the Gentiles while Peter was given to reach the Jews and they were obedient to their ministry. What is your own ministry, are you fulfilling it?

PRAYER POINTS:
Ask God to use you to the best of your ability.
Pray that God should bless your effort of evangelism.

AMEND YOUR WAYS: If you are not born again you must do something as a matter of urgency. He that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8). If you are into lying, cheating, bitterness, keeping malice, pride, manifesting anger, quarreling, unforgiveness, hatred, envy, contention, strife, gossiping, taking or giving bribe, selfishness, kidnapping. If you are into masturbation, fornication, adultery, prostitution, abortion, lesbianism, homosexuality, you need to repent. Are you into idolatry, do you make or use charms, rituals, bow down to images, Are you into occultism? Do you smoke cigarette, cocaine, heroine? Are you lusting, covetous, alcohol drinking, divorcee or into worldliness?, you must stop bleaching your body, or painting your lips, eyes, fixing attachments, weave-on, earrings (Gen 35:2-4) Are you one of those that put on nude dresses, short skirts, transparent dresses to seduce (A seducer is not a Christian) do you wear trouser as a woman? Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ.

LET'S PRAY: If you want to give your life to JESUS pray this short prayer with me: Almighty God, I come unto you in the name of Jesus. Father I confess that I am a sinner. All my sins I confess to you. I am very sorry for all my sins. Lord I promise you that from today I will never continue in them anymore. I believe that Jesus Christ died and rose again on the third day for my justification. Almighty God, use the blood of Jesus to wash my sins away. Lord Jesus, come into my heart, be my Lord and Personal Savior. I surrender my life to you. Cancel my name from the book of death and give me grace to make Heaven. AMEN!

AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD'S ABUNDANT BLESSING IN THE KINGDOM UPDATE...

GRAND FINALE OF PORT HARCOURT CRUSADE, 2015.