THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...





THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: WEDNESDAY, 16TH MARCH 2016.

THEME: SEEKING FOR JESUS IS WISDOM

TEXT: Luke 19:2-5, 9-10.
2 And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.

3 And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.

4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.

5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for today I must abide at thy house.

9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

MEMORY VERSE: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. JOHN 14:6

MESSAGE:
The desire of every man is to live a comfortable life anywhere he or she may find himself of herself, be it in this life or after the life on earth. In the text above, we see a man named Zacchaeus, a chief among tax collectors seeking for Jesus. In the time of Jesus Christ the Israelites were under the rule of Rome. In the Roman taxation regime, the government would assess a city for taxation and map out how much the city worth in terms of tax collection. They would invite individual tax collectors to pay the money to the government. Tax collectors under the then Roman Empire were big time businessmen. They were indeed wealthy. Zacchaeus according to the Bible and as a tax collector was a wealthy man yet he still sought to see Jesus Christ. Though he had money he knew that something was still missing in his life. That thing missing was salvation of his soul. One can only get it through our Lord Jesus Christ. When he eventually met Jesus that need was fulfilled in his life. By meeting Jesus, he met God. In the memory verse, Jesus said He is the way the truth and life, no one comes unto the father but by Him. Material wealth cannot buy salvation. It is only through Jesus Christ it comes. If you have not encountered our Lord Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior do so now by confessing your sins and asking God for forgiveness. Rich men still seek Him, wise men seek Him. Seek Him today and you will find Him in Jesus name.

PRAYER POINTS: 
• Pray for the desire to always seek for Jesus. 
• Pray that your effort to make heaven will be successful.

AMEND YOUR WAYS:
If you are not born again you must do something as a matter of urgency. He that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8). If you are into lying, cheating, bitterness, keeping malice, pride, manifesting anger, quarreling, unforgiveness, hatred, envy, contention, strife, gossiping, taking or giving bribe, selfishness, kidnapping. If you are into masturbation, fornication, adultery, prostitution, abortion, lesbianism, homosexuality, you need to repent. Are you into idolatry, do you make or use charms, rituals, bow down to images, Are you into occultism? Do you smoke cigarette, cocaine, heroine? Are you lusting, covetous, alcohol drinking, divorcee or into worldliness?, you must stop bleaching your body, or painting your lips, eyes, fixing attachments, weave-on, earrings (Gen 35:2-4) Are you one of those that put on nude dresses, short skirts, transparent dresses to seduce (A seducer is not a Christian) do you wear trouser as a woman? Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ. LET'S PRAY: If you want to give your life to JESUS pray this short prayer with me: Almighty God, I come unto you in the name of Jesus. Father I confess that I am a sinner. All my sins I confess to you. I am very sorry for all my sins. Lord I promise you that from today I will never continue in them anymore. I believe that Jesus Christ died and rose again on the third day for my justification. Almighty God, use the blood of Jesus to wash my sins away. Lord Jesus, come into my heart, be my Lord and Personal Savior. I surrender my life to you. Cancel my name from the book of death and give me grace to make Heaven. AMEN!
AUTHOR: PASTOR LAZARUS MUOKA.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD'S ABUNDANT BLESSING IN THE KINGDOM UPDATE...

GRAND FINALE OF PORT HARCOURT CRUSADE, 2015.