THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...




THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: THURSDAY, 21ST JANUARY, 2016.

THEME: DWELLING IN HIS PRESENCE

TEXT: Exodus 33.14
14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest. And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.

MEMORY VERSE: How amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts! My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God. Psalm 84:1-2

MESSAGE:
God is everywhere but His presence is not everywhere. The presence of God in the midst of His people is beyond human understanding because it brings joy inexplicable and dissolves every burden in our hearts.

The presence of God goes with genuine believers anywhere they go to protect and deliver them in difficult situation. On the other hand, dwelling in the presence of God goes beyond our expectation that He is always with us. His presence can be activated in many ways ranging from studying and meditating on the scriptures, prayer and supplication, praising God, preaching or doing the work of God.

Whatever honourable we do in the name of the Lord, His presence comes down to show His Power. We can therefore enjoy His presence when we engage in spiritual exercise and turning our mind towards the things of God anywhere we are.

As we put God first in everything we do and please Him, His presence will not depart from us. Any child of God that is not experiencing His presence has some amendments to make. This is because there is no way the presence of God will be with an immoral person, a thief, charm makers and carriers, liars, lovers of pleasure etc.

It is not only when we come into the church building that we feel His presence but anywhere His true children are

Again, the presence of God in our lives is reassuring, as it makes His promises so real in our lives and situation.

In our memory verse, the psalmist clearly understood the benefit and essence of dwelling in the presence of God when he declared that his heart longed for the Lord even his flesh. Little wonder he was the man after God's heart.

PRAYER POINTS:
Pray for the enabling grace to dwell in His presence daily.
Ask the Holy Spirit to make your heart habitable for God.

AMEND YOUR WAYS: If you are not born again you must do something as a matter of urgency. He that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8). If you are into lying, cheating, bitterness, keeping malice, pride, manifesting anger, quarreling, unforgiveness, hatred, envy, contention, strife, gossiping, taking or giving bribe, selfishness, kidnapping. If you are into masturbation, fornication, adultery, prostitution, abortion, lesbianism, homosexuality, you need to repent. Are you into idolatry, do you make or use charms, rituals, bow down to images, Are you into occultism? Do you smoke cigarette, cocaine, heroine? Are you lusting, covetous, alcohol drinking, divorcee or into worldliness?, you must stop bleaching your body, or painting your lips, eyes, fixing attachments, weave-on, earrings (Gen 35:2-4) Are you one of those that put on nude dresses, short skirts, transparent dresses to seduce (A seducer is not a Christian) do you wear trouser as a woman? Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ.

LET'S PRAY: If you want to give your life to JESUS pray this short prayer with me: Almighty God, I come unto you in the name of Jesus. Father I confess that I am a sinner. All my sins I confess to you. I am very sorry for all my sins. Lord I promise you that from today I will never continue in them anymore. I believe that Jesus Christ died and rose again on the third day for my justification. Almighty God, use the blood of Jesus to wash my sins away. Lord Jesus, come into my heart, be my Lord and Personal Savior. I surrender my life to you. Cancel my name from the book of death and give me grace to make Heaven. AMEN!

AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD'S ABUNDANT BLESSING IN THE KINGDOM UPDATE...

GRAND FINALE OF PORT HARCOURT CRUSADE, 2015.