THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...




THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: MONDAY, 25TH JANUARY, 2016.

THEME: BE OF A QUIET SPIRIT

TEXT: James 1 : 19
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let everyman be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

 MEMORY VERSE: In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise. Proverbs 10:19

MESSAGE:
No one can operate outside the commandment of God and remains a Christian but a rebel who is waiting for the judgment of God.

Believers are not of the world and cannot behave like the worldly people. By accepting Jesus, a genuine believer has handed his or her life to Him without attempting to take it back.

Our saviour Jesus Christ led a perfect example of how His followers should conduct themselves. The Lord demands that we be sober and vigilant round the clock to avoid being found wanting when He beckons.

It is therefore worthy of note that a true believer should avoid talkativeness or being in the midst of unruly or rowdy people who have no business with the things of the kingdom. Our opening text counsels us to be slow to speak.
This means that we should only talk when it is necessary and not like others who talk anyhow for the simple reason that they have mouth.

We should also avoid arguments of any sort to avoid being dragged into ungodly actions. Being of a quiet spirit also entails following orders without asking questions as well as doing the work of God without murmuring and complaining against your superiors. It also means handling issues with godly wisdom and to the glory of God.

In our memory verse, the Bible says rightly that sin will always be present in the multitude of words. Let us therefore learn to be quiet when others are shouting and hurling missiles through their mouth.

PRAYER POINTS:
Ask God to tame your tongue.

Pray against every spirit of talkativeness.

AMEND YOUR WAYS: If you are not born again you must do something as a matter of urgency. He that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8). If you are into lying, cheating, bitterness, keeping malice, pride, manifesting anger, quarreling, unforgiveness, hatred, envy, contention, strife, gossiping, taking or giving bribe, selfishness, kidnapping. If you are into masturbation, fornication, adultery, prostitution, abortion, lesbianism, homosexuality, you need to repent. Are you into idolatry, do you make or use charms, rituals, bow down to images, Are you into occultism? Do you smoke cigarette, cocaine, heroine? Are you lusting, covetous, alcohol drinking, divorcee or into worldliness?, you must stop bleaching your body, or painting your lips, eyes, fixing attachments, weave-on, earrings (Gen 35:2-4) Are you one of those that put on nude dresses, short skirts, transparent dresses to seduce (A seducer is not a Christian) do you wear trouser as a woman? Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ.

LET'S PRAY: If you want to give your life to JESUS pray this short prayer with me: Almighty God, I come unto you in the name of Jesus. Father I confess that I am a sinner. All my sins I confess to you. I am very sorry for all my sins. Lord I promise you that from today I will never continue in them anymore. I believe that Jesus Christ died and rose again on the third day for my justification. Almighty God, use the blood of Jesus to wash my sins away. Lord Jesus, come into my heart, be my Lord and Personal Savior. I surrender my life to you. Cancel my name from the book of death and give me grace to make Heaven. AMEN!

AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD'S ABUNDANT BLESSING IN THE KINGDOM UPDATE...

GRAND FINALE OF PORT HARCOURT CRUSADE, 2015.