DATE: MON, 20TH APRIL 2015.
THE LORD'S CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE...
THEME: GIVING SECRETLY CAUSES OPEN BLESSING
MEMORY VERSE:
Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation:he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness. Romans 12:8

TEXT: Matthew 6:1-2
1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them:otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

MESSAGE
Most people and organizations today have abandoned the teaching of the Bible in giving secretly,
to broadcasting openly their giving. It is a common practice now to see organizations, churches or individuals go to orphanages, motherless homes or invalid homes with video cameras. And as they give alms to such less privileged, they video and televise them for people to see and praise them, if you are in the category of alms giver, you have already received your reward. Our text for today advises us not to do our alms openly whether you are an individual or organization. In fact Matthew 6:3 advises "but when though doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand death." In the people of this generation, not only that the left hand knows what the right hand is doing, it is also broadcast on the television for the world to see. Now when you televise your alms giving against the counsel of God how do you wish to be rewarded of God?
If actually you want blessing from God through your giving, give according to the standard of God. Do not allow anybody to know about your giving. Give in secret, give without broadcasting it, God who sees in the secret will reward you openly. But, when men praise you, for giving, you will not receive any reward from Him. Therefore, be careful how you give, whether for the work of God or to the less privileged.

PRAYER POINTS:
* Pray and ask for a large heart to give according to the instructions of God.
* Pray that you will give always because no man can give above God.

AMEND YOUR WAYS:
If you are not born again you must do something as a matter of urgency. He that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8).

If you are into lying, cheating, bitterness, keeping malice, pride, manifesting anger, quarreling, unforgiveness, hatred, envy, contention, strife, gossiping, taking or giving bribe, selfishness,
kidnapping. If you are into masturbation, fornication, adultery, prostitution, abortion, lesbianism, homosexuality, you need to repent.
Are you into idolatry, do you make or use charms, rituals, bow down to images, Are you into occultism?
Do you smoke cigarette, cocaine, heroine? Are you lusting, covetous, alcohol drinking, divorcee or into worldliness?, you must stop bleaching your body, or painting your lips, eyes, fixing attachments, weave-on, earrings (Gen 35:2-4)
Are you one of those that put on nude dresses, short skirts, transparent dresses to seduce
(A seducer is not a Christian) do you wear trouser as a woman?
Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ.

LET'S PRAY:

If you want to give your life to JESUS pray this short prayer with me:
Almighty God, I come unto you in the name of Jesus. Father I confess that I am a sinner. All my sins I confess to you. I am very sorry for all my sins.
Lord I promise you that from today I will never continue in them anymore.
I believe that Jesus Christ died and rose again on the third day for my justification. Almighty God, use the blood of Jesus to wash my sins away. Lord Jesus, come into my heart, be my Lord and Personal Savior.
I surrender my life to you.
Cancel my name from the book of death and give me grace to make Heaven. AMEN!

AUTHOR: PASTOR LAZARUS MUOKA.






Comments

Thank you Lord for your word today. I pray for the grace to follow the instructions enumerated above strictly.

Popular posts from this blog

GOD'S ABUNDANT BLESSING IN THE KINGDOM UPDATE...

GRAND FINALE OF PORT HARCOURT CRUSADE, 2015.