THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE: SATURDAY DECEMBER 10TH, 2016.
THEME: Isaiah 7:7, Isaiah 54:17
THEME: GOD WILL DISAPPOINT THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE ENEMY
“And when Peter was come to himself, he said, Now I know of a surety, that the Lord hath sent his angel, and hath delivered me out of the hand of Herod, and from all the expectation of the people of the Jews.” (Acts 12:11)
The expectation in the hearts of your detractors and those that hate you is that you will fail in your endeavours so that they can justify their predictions or permutations, having spoken ill of you at earlier times. Accordingly, the expectation in the hearts of the Jews who heard that King Herod had apprehended Peter was not different – because they hated the gospel and detested his role in its spreading. Herod arrested James and killed him and then arrested Peter and hurled him into prison; waiting to execute him after Easter. But God intervened by the prayer of the church and released him. Therefore, those that had expected him to die (the Jews) became disappointed. Considering the spate of wickedness going on against the gospel even in these present times, the expectation of “the people of the Jews” of this generation concerning your life cannot be different. Therefore, we must follow the example of the church to go into serious intercession and supplication, in order to ensure that the expectation in the hearts of our detractors is disappointed.
It is possible that your haters and detractors might have written you off saying that nothing will become of you. Maybe they are expecting your death, sickness, lack, hardship, suffering and lamentation to continue. Notwithstanding, their expectations shall be disappointed. The Lord will save you from their hands and all their wicked and evil plots like He did for Peter. If you can pray, the Lord will dispatch angels from heaven with the specific instruction to come into spiritual prison where they are holding you to affect your release.
Worship/praise God and then take the following prayer points:
1. Every expectation in the minds of my detractors, I decree they will never come to pass, in Jesus' name.
2. O Lord God my Father, deliver me from the hand of any Herod seeking to terminate my life, in Jesus' name.
3. I cancel every program of death against my life during this “ember” month, in Jesus' name.
4. Any pit which the enemy has dug for me, I jump and pass over them, in Jesus' name.
5. Whatever may be the expectation in the minds of the enemies concerning our G. O, our mummy in the Lord and The Lord’s Chosen ministry; receive huge disappointment, in Jesus' name.
AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA