THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...TIME TO CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD



THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE: SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 17TH, 2016.
THEME: TIME TO CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD
TEXT: Obadiah 17, 2 Chronicles 12:7, Jeremiah 15:20-21
1:17 But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.
12:7 And when the LORD saw that they humbled themselves, the word of the LORD came to Shemaiah, saying, They have humbled themselves; therefore I will not destroy them, but I will grant them some deliverance; and my wrath shall not be poured out upon Jerusalem by the hand of Shishak.
15:20 And I will make thee unto this people a fenced brasen wall: and they shall fight against thee, but they shall not prevail against thee: for I am with thee to save thee and to deliver thee, saith the LORD.
15:21 And I will deliver thee out of the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem thee out of the hand of the terrible. Jeremiah
"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. (Joel 2:32)
MESSAGE: 
God is not a man that He should lie. (Numbers 23:19) Why has the above scripture become relevant here? It offers us the opportunity to scrutinize the credential of He that has made the promise. He is the God of all flesh and nothing is too hard for Him. (Jeremiah 32:27) Whatever He says He will do, that is exactly what He will do. No man can stop Him. (Isaiah 43:13) now, He has promised that whosoever shall call upon His name shall be delivered. Therefore, every right thinking believer must seize the opportunity provided through His word and begin to call Him.
However, we must not profane His name. Rather, we should call it in righteousness and holiness for effective results. 2 Chronicles 7:14 states, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. " You must therefore humble yourself before God, reconcile with Him and turn away from sin and evil. It is then that He will answer your prayers.
Sing spirit filled songs unto God and thank Him for everything He has accomplished in your life and then take the following prayer points.
Prayer Points:
1. O God, I bless your name this day for the privilege of being among the living. I call upon your name asking that you preserve me from all evil. Protect and guide me from evil plan of the wicked, in Jesus' name.
2. Father, as I seek your face, may I find you. Give me the enabling grace and power to humble myself and turn away from every wicked character trait, in Jesus' name.
3. Any problem standing against me; with the blood of Jesus, I sue them to the court of heaven. Judge them and give me victory on every side, in Jesus' name.
AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD'S ABUNDANT BLESSING IN THE KINGDOM UPDATE...

GRAND FINALE OF PORT HARCOURT CRUSADE, 2015.