THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...THEME: FORSAKING GOD CAN BE QUITE COLOSSAL


THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE: SATURDAY AUGUST 27TH, 2016.
THEME: FORSAKING GOD CAN BE QUITE COLOSSAL
TEXT: Matthew 25:29, Mark 8:36
25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

MESSAGE: 

"Then came Shemaiah the prophet to Rehoboam, and to the princes of Judah, that were gathered together to Jerusalem because of Shishak, and said unto them, Thus saith the LORD, Ye have forsaken me, and therefore have I also left you in the hand of Shishak. " (2 Chronicles 12:5)
When people forsake God, the consequences can be quite colossal. God will also forsake them and that will open the door for their enemies to attack and oppress them. The idea usually is not to destroy them out rightly, but to make them repent. If not, they will hardly repent. But when they are oppressed and led into captivity, they might retrace their steps because of the heavy burden the enemy will place upon them.
Are you like the children of Judah that forsook God and followed after their own ways — pursuing after money, career, job etc? If your answer is yes, you must then repent and humble yourself in order to avoid being forsaken by Him. Your humility, repentance and plea for mercy will provoke God's deliverance and cause the oppression of the devil over your life to come to an abrupt end. Don't forget: It is possible for someone to be a regular church goer but still not a committed believer. In that case, such individual has forsaken God and is vulnerable to all manner of attacks. You must pray fervently that God should restore your spiritual life.
Sing spirit filled songs unto God and thank Him for everything He has accomplished in your life and then take the following prayer points.

Prayer Points:

1. O God my Father, I humble myself before you and repent of all my sins. In any way that I have forsaken you; I ask that you show me mercy and forgive me all my sins, in Jcsus name.
2. Any monitoring power assigned against me spiritually to make sure I forget God and embrace the world, be destroyed, in Jesus name.
3. O God my Father, help me to abide in you that I might bear much fruit in Jesus' name.
AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD'S ABUNDANT BLESSING IN THE KINGDOM UPDATE...

GRAND FINALE OF PORT HARCOURT CRUSADE, 2015.