THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...



THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: SATURDAY, 23RD JANUARY, 2016.

THEME: WALKING IN THE SPIRIT

TEXT: Galatians 5:16-17
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

MEMORY VERSE: For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. Romans 8: 14.

MESSAGE:
Carnality and spirituality cannot walk together because they are eternally irreconcilable. God is a spirit and they that worship Him do so in spirit and truth. Walking in the spirit makes for joy because it is a proof that we are the sons and daughters of God. Walking in the spirit simply means allowing the Holy Spirit and the word of God to drive one's life on daily basis and anywhere.

When you allow the word of God to rule your live in accordance to His will, you are walking in the spirit. It is in this condition that you can hear from God and pray and He answers.

A life in the spirit keeps sin away because spirit of God cannot lead one to evil. And so any Chrtstian who is not led by the spirit of God is laying a baseless claim and should not expect anything from God. This is so because God cares for only His obedient children and is always watchful over their affairs.

No one lives anyhow and expects the Holy Spirit to dwell in him or her let alone leading the person. You must therefore remember that as long as you do what your flesh desires, the spirit of God is absent in your life and you are neither a son nor a daughter.

PRAYER POINTS:
Pray and earnestly desire to walk in the spirit.

Ask God to purge your heart of ungodly desires.

AMEND YOUR WAYS: If you are not born again you must do something as a matter of urgency. He that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8). If you are into lying, cheating, bitterness, keeping malice, pride, manifesting anger, quarreling, unforgiveness, hatred, envy, contention, strife, gossiping, taking or giving bribe, selfishness, kidnapping. If you are into masturbation, fornication, adultery, prostitution, abortion, lesbianism, homosexuality, you need to repent. Are you into idolatry, do you make or use charms, rituals, bow down to images, Are you into occultism? Do you smoke cigarette, cocaine, heroine? Are you lusting, covetous, alcohol drinking, divorcee or into worldliness?, you must stop bleaching your body, or painting your lips, eyes, fixing attachments, weave-on, earrings (Gen 35:2-4) Are you one of those that put on nude dresses, short skirts, transparent dresses to seduce (A seducer is not a Christian) do you wear trouser as a woman? Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ.

LET'S PRAY: If you want to give your life to JESUS pray this short prayer with me: Almighty God, I come unto you in the name of Jesus. Father I confess that I am a sinner. All my sins I confess to you. I am very sorry for all my sins. Lord I promise you that from today I will never continue in them anymore. I believe that Jesus Christ died and rose again on the third day for my justification. Almighty God, use the blood of Jesus to wash my sins away. Lord Jesus, come into my heart, be my Lord and Personal Savior. I surrender my life to you. Cancel my name from the book of death and give me grace to make Heaven. AMEN!

AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD'S ABUNDANT BLESSING IN THE KINGDOM UPDATE...

GRAND FINALE OF PORT HARCOURT CRUSADE, 2015.