THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONA...




THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: WEDNESDAY, 19TH AUGUST 2015.

THEME: BEWARE OF PRIDE AND ARROGANCE

TEXT: Proverbs 16:18
16 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

MEMORY VERSE: But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. James 4:6

MESSAGE:
Brethren, Tolo-Tolo (Turkey) spirit kills a man. What do I mean by that? I mean spirit of pride and arrogance kills and I counsel you, not only to run but flee from it. May I ask you, what is making you arrogant? Is it your certificate, money, beauty or handsomeness, position etc. Whatever you are today or whatever position you occupy, people have been that in time past. And wherever you find yourself is not by your power. Moreover, everything you have is a gift from above. If God does not give you, you will not have it. So why are you proud? Remember, it was pride that sent King Nebuchadnezzar into the bush where he ate the grass like animal for seven years (Daniel 4:32). The same pride made worms to eat up King Herod when he made oration and people shouted that his voice was like that of god. He did not rebuke them, immediately worms ate him alive. Please, I want you to understand that before you see a man in high position fall, check it very well, pride is lurking somewhere. Refer to our text, for today "pride goeth before destruction".

Moreover, understand that according to our memory verse; God is the one that resists the proud. If a man or devil resists you, you can cry to God. Whom will you cry to since God is the one resisting you now because of pride?

As you go through this devotional today, search yourself, if there is any atom of pride or arrogance in you, quickly, without wasting time repent and cry to God to show you mercy and lift you from that destruction.
 
PRAYER POINTS:
* Pray earnestly against this spirit because it destroys a man.
* Ask God to open your eyes to see where pride is hiding in you and uproot it


AMEND YOUR WAYS:
If you are not born again you must do something as a matter of urgency. He that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8).
If you are into lying, cheating, bitterness, keeping malice, pride, manifesting anger, quarreling, unforgiveness, hatred, envy, contention, strife, gossiping, taking or giving bribe, selfishness,
kidnapping. If you are into masturbation, fornication, adultery, prostitution, abortion, lesbianism, homosexuality, you need to repent.
Are you into idolatry, do you make or use charms, rituals, bow down to images, Are you into occultism?
Do you smoke cigarette, cocaine, heroine? Are you lusting, covetous, alcohol drinking, divorcee or into worldliness?, you must stop bleaching your body, or painting your lips, eyes, fixing attachments, weave-on, earrings (Gen 35:2-4)
Are you one of those that put on nude dresses, short skirts, transparent dresses to seduce
(A seducer is not a Christian) do you wear trouser as a woman?
Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ.

LET'S PRAY:
If you want to give your life to JESUS pray this short prayer with me:
Almighty God, I come unto you in the name of Jesus. Father I confess that I am a sinner. All my sins I confess to you. I am very sorry for all my sins.
Lord I promise you that from today I will never continue in them anymore.
I believe that Jesus Christ died and rose again on the third day for my justification. Almighty God, use the blood of Jesus to wash my sins away. Lord Jesus, come into my heart, be my Lord and Personal Savior.
I surrender my life to you.
Cancel my name from the book of death and give me grace to make Heaven. AMEN!


AUTHOR: PASTOR LAZARUS MUOKA.



































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD'S ABUNDANT BLESSING IN THE KINGDOM UPDATE...

GRAND FINALE OF PORT HARCOURT CRUSADE, 2015.