THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 27TH, 2017.
TEXT: Deuteronomy 4:23-31, Corinthians 10:12
THEME: EXERCISE UTMOST RESTRAINT
MEMORISE: "Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thon forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy' heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons. (Deuteronomy 4:9)
It is not uncommon to see brethren who were undergoing hardship receive a turn-around and become blessed by God Almighty. Immediately thereafter, they forget about all that they went through and backslide following the Lord. They begin to go after their own ways. For example, some people who were fervent in the Lord when they were poor and didn't have anything suddenly backslide immediately they receive God's divine visitation and became fabulously blessed. They begin to offer excuses why they will not be at the workers' meetings, night vigils, revival hour services and even Sunday services. They fix their business appointments for service days and come late for programs and activities.
If you fail to take heed and keep your soul diligently after God has fabulously blessed you, that might signify the beginning of backsliding in your life. Many people had followed in that direction only for them to return back to square one. God says if you forsake Him, He will forsake you. Therefore, if you forsake God and give preference to your business thinking that God will keep it for you, you will be sorely mistaken. It does not work like that. Has God just blessed you and lifted you up and you have forsaken Him in order to give more time to your business? Take heed! You might be putting your relationship with Him on the line. Therefore, you must be very careful to make sure that nothing is standing between you and God — not even your new found status, promotion, luxury vehicle, job, business, career, etc.
Worship/praise God and then take the following prayer points :
1. I turn my back on anything that wants to take the place of God in my life in Jesus' name.
2. Any arrow of backsliding fired into my spiritual life, I pull out and return you back to sender in Jesus' name.
3. I ask for grace for punctuality to service, vigils, prayer meetings and all the progranunes and activities of the church, in Jesus' name.
4. Any end of the month attack against my business, family, marriage and life, backfire in Jesus ' name.
5. Any power assigned to pull down our G. O and our mummy in the Lord, be destroyed in Jesus' name.
AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA