THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...THEME: YOU MUST GIVE SOMETHING TANGIBLE
THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 23RD, 2016.
TEXT: Luke 6:38, Philippians 5:17
THEME: YOU MUST GIVE SOMETHING TANGIBLE
“Thou shalt not sacrifice unto the LORD thy God any bullock, or sheep, wherein is blemish, or any evilfavouredness: for that is an abomination unto the LORD thy God.” (Deuteronomy 17:1)
Giving worthy sacrifices usually attract God’s blessings, while giving unworthy ones provokes Him to anger. Jesus Christ is God’s most prized possession and God gave Him for us as a sacrifice.
As a matter of reciprocity, we are expected to give back to God something that has quality. Giving God such sacrifice often has a price. Giving something worthy to the Lord must cost the giver something tangible. The truth is that nobody can give above God. Unfortunately today, many people do not see any reason to give. And when they give, they do not give enough and they give grudgingly. They can offer lame and blind goats – with blemish; something that is afflicted. No wonder, they are not blessed. The sacrifice a person offers to God is a reflection of the condition of his heart towards God. A person whose heart is right with God offers worthy sacrifice whereas the person whose heart is far from God struggles to give or gives wobbly sacrifices. God loves a cheerful giver.
Anybody who wants to make it in life must challenge God through giving. Having fasted and prayed and yet the situation remains resistant to change, the most viable option is to give – to sow a seed or give it as a sacrifice. Giving can unlock every closed door. Even when you are afflicted with sickness and the doctor is recommending operation, a powerful seed can alter the situation. I do not know what you are passing through today, but assuredly, a worthy offering can turn the tide in your favour. Many have done it and attracted God’s abundant blessings upon their lives and families. Many dying businesses have been revived because the owners gave unto God. If you have not been giving something worthy, you must have a rethink.
Worship/praise God and then take the following prayer points:
1. I regret any unworthy sacrifice which I had given unto God, in Jesus’ name.
2. Any evil sacrifice made against my life, I use the blood of Jesus Christ to nullify it, in Jesus’ name.
3. I regret of any pledge or vow which I made to God without fulfilling it and I ask for your forgiveness, in Jesus’ name.
4. As I give unto you, let it be given to me according to your word, in Jesus’ name.
5. Father, back over teaching of our G. O on giving with power. As the brethren hear the messages, cause them to put them into practice so that they can receive the blessings attached to giving, in Jesus’ name.
AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA