THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...THEME: YOU MUST STOP THAT HEROD
THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE: FRIDAY DECEMBER 9TH, 2016.
TEXT: Exodus 15:9, Numbers 10:19
THEME: YOU MUST STOP THAT HEROD
“1 Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. 2 And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. 3 And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) ” (Acts 12:1-3)
It is obvious that what happened in the days of the apostles is today aggressively being replicated contemporarily. Christians are being apprehended and hauled into prison. Some are even shot inside churches. Brethren, this is not a time for sleeping and slumbering or religiosity. Rather it is a time for prayer. Herod stretched forth his hands and killed James and seeing that the unbelieving Jews were happy, he also laid hold of Peter. Whose turn will it be the next time? The church reasoned; and so reacted to this latter development with all seriousness and went into earnest prayers. My prayer for you today is that you will see the hand writing on the wall and go into earnest prayers for yourself, for your family and for this nation.
You must not allow your head to go off before you follow the step which the church of old took. Remember, immediately they noticed that Peter was apprehended they went into earnest prayer. Unfortunately, many people see how HEROD is chopping off people’s heads and they do nothing. This is the time for every believer in Christ to come out of his/her comfort zone and engage in earnest prayer, supplication, intercession and even petitioning – where necessary.
Worship/praise God and then take the following prayer points:
1. Any Herod stretching forth his hands to lay hold of me, I command you to be eaten up by worms, in Jesus’ name.
2. Any skeleton approaching my abode from the pit of hell, I reverse you back to sender, in Jesus’ name.
3. Any adversary deriving pleasure from my misfortunes; be disappointed, in Jesus’ name.
4. Father, give me the strength to pray without ceasing, in Jesus’ name.
5. Any spiritual ambush laid against my life, back fire, in Jesus’ name.
AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA