THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL…THEME: LEARN TO FORGIVE



THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL…
DATE: WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 21ST, 2016.
TEXT: Psalm 18:25, Psalm 37:26, Psalm 103:8
THEME: LEARN TO FORGIVE

MESSAGE

“And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.” (Matthew 6:12)
There are many instances where people have sought for deliverance without success and they kept wondering why they could not be delivered. Sometimes, they can even lay the blame at the feet of the pastor. “This or that pastor is not strong,” they claim. The truth is that deliverance does not lie entirely on the door of the pastor. The person seeking for deliverance has a role to play: to forgive others. God works with principles and one of His principles is that you must forgive others if you want Him to forgive you. You must show mercy to others if you desire God’s mercy.
Put differently, one of the major qualifications for God’s divine intervention in difficult situations affecting His people is that they must have forgiving hearts and by extension show mercy unto others. Jesus Christ in His prayer model to His disciples had outlined the issue of forgiveness. As it is, whoever does not show forgiveness should not expect God to forgive him. Likewise, whoever does not have mercy in his heart should not expect the mercy of God.
Who are those people you have been bearing grudge against them for years and have refused all entreaties to show them mercy and forgive them? Yet, you are expecting God to show you mercy and forgive you. It does not work that way. You must abide by God’s principle to forgive. Do you desire God’s mercy? God requires that you also show mercy unto others. That way, your deliverance is assured.

Worship/praise God and then take the following prayer points:

1. O Lord God my Father, I ask that you give me the heart to forgive those that offended me, in Jesus’ name.

2. I forgive all those who offended me from the bottom of my heart. I lay aside every charge that I hold against them, in Jesus’ name.

3. I release all those I hold under curses, bondages and any other forms of pressure because of my unforgiving heart, in Jesus’ name.

4. O thou that showeth mercy, as I show mercy to those I bear grudges against, please show me mercy, in Jesus’ name.

5.O God, help our pastor; help our mummy in the Lord to continue to stand in righteousness and holiness. Hep their children to follow their examples, in Jesus’ name.

AUTHOR: PST LAZARUSMUOKA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD'S ABUNDANT BLESSING IN THE KINGDOM UPDATE...

GRAND FINALE OF PORT HARCOURT CRUSADE, 2015.