THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...THE PROMISES OF GOD ARE NOT FOR SPIRITS; THEY ARE


THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: TUESDAY AUGUST 9TH, 2016.
THEME: THE PROMISES OF GOD ARE NOT FOR SPIRITS; THEY ARE FOR YOU.
TEXT: Luke 15:11-24, Matthew 15:26

15:11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:
15:12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.

15:13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.

15:14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
15:15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.

15:16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

15:17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
15:19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
15:20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

15:21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

15:22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:

15:23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

MESSAGE: 

"I have seen servants upon horses, and princes walking as servants upon the earth. " (Ecclesiastes 10:7)

Princes are the one ones who are meant to ride on horse-backs, whereas the servants walk on foot. However, the reverse seems to be the case. We now have situations whereby those for whom horse-backs are meant for, walk up and down on bare foot. Who are those that are supposed to be princes in this case. It is the believers in Christ. They are supposed to be joint-heirs with Jesus Christ as the scripture says. But many appear to be playing second fiddle to unbelievers who lord it over them.
 That is an abnormality.

As a believer, instead of prospering you notice that you have become stagnated and those that are supposed to be at your beck and call are the ones enjoying the good things of life. Don't say, "It's God's fault." Rather, it's your fault. How? You have neglected – your source. God is your sustenance. Today, take a decision to retrace your ways back to Him.

Sing spirit filled songs unto God and thank Him for everything He has accomplished in your life and then take the following prayer points.

Prayer Points:

1. Any spiritual demotion against my life, in the name of Jesus I reverse it. In any way the enemy has exchanged my destiny and glory for shame; by the power and authority in the name of Jesus, I recover them.

2. Any power living inside me as a way to enforce servitude and penury; come out by fire. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit; not habitation of altars and shrines. Therefore, you stronghold of the devil in my life; catch fire.

3. I stand by the power and authority in the name of Jesus Christ and claim every promise God has made concerning my life. I decree they shall surely come to pass in my life. Any bad-luck hindering the glory of God, pack and go, in Jesus' name.

AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD'S ABUNDANT BLESSING IN THE KINGDOM UPDATE...

GRAND FINALE OF PORT HARCOURT CRUSADE, 2015.