DATE: TUESDAY, MAY 3RD, 2016.
THEME: BE SURE OF REGULAR STOCK TAKING
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 10:12
12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
MEMORY VERSE: "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." (Isaiah 64:6)
The race for heaven is not something that should be treated with kid gloves. What we consider as righteousness can actually be likened to a filthy rag in the sight of God. What do we do then? You must be like the trader that takes stock week in week out. You must make a proper assessment of your life to enable you to make the necessary amendments.
There are times when we feel we have done it right without knowing that we have not met up with heaven's expectations. If we do not take regular stock we might reach the conclusion that we have made heaven only for the devil to ask, "So, you later came here" on that day. There is therefore the need for genuine repentance if possible on daily basis to ensure that we leave no room for complacency. That does not in any way suggest that you should sin everyday and repent every day.
Sing a few praise/worship songs. Pray and thank God and then ask for forgiveness of sins and take the following prayer points.
1. O Lord God my Father, I ask for sufficient grace to do your will at all times, in Jesus' name.
2. Father, give me the spirit to remain humble and eschew pride and arrogance, in Jesus' name.
3. Any contrary spirit assigned to cause backsliding in my life, receive destruction, in Jesus' name.
4. Any program of the devil to make sure that I go to hell fire, be nullified by the blood that Jesus Christ shed on the cross, in Jesus' name.
5. O God let fabulous blessings that will confound my enemies and detractors alike; be my portion this month, in Jesus' name.
AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA