DATE: SATURDAY, JANUARY 16TH, 2015.
THEME: BIND THE SPIRIT OF STINGINESS
TEXT: PROVERBS 11:25, LUKE 6:38
25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
MEMORY VERSE: "And it came to pass about ten days after, that the LORD smote Nabal, that he died. "(1 Sam 25:38)
It is always good to appreciate good things. Unfortunately, many people find it difficult to appreciate good gestures not to talk of reciprocating them. However, one thing they fail to understand is that there could be grave consequences attached to the act of ingratitude.
David's men were kind to Nabal in that they helped keep his sheep in the bush that nothing was lost But he never deemed it right to show any form of appreciation. Rather, he despised them. His wife knew the consequences and rallied round on a face-saving mission. Notwithstanding, the Lord visited Nabal according to his deeds. God has been magnanimous in His dealings with you. How have you responded?
Sing praise/worship with one or two warfare songs. Pray and thank God and then ask for forgiveness of sins and take the following prayer points.
1. Any voice ministering to me not to appreciate the good work of God in my life, be silent. in Jesus' name.
2. Every spirit of Nabal operating in my life, be destroyed by the Holy Ghost, in Jesus' name.
3. Every spirit of stinginess hindering me from sowing in The Lord's vineyard, receive disgrace, in Jesus' name.
4. As I sow unto your work, I command every blessing attached to seed sowing come upon my life, in Jesus' name.
5. As Abraham was blessed in all things, let the blessings of God come upon me, in Jesus' name.
AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA