THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL...
DATE: THURSDAY 7TH APRIL, 2016
THEME: YOU MUST SERVICE YOUR HEAVENLY ACCOUNT
TEXT: Judges 11:30-40
30. And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands.
31. Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.
32 So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the LORD delivered them into his hands.
33. And he smote them from Aroer, even till thou come to Minnith, even twenty cities, and unto the plain of the vineyards, with a very great slaughter. Thus the children of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel.
34. And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter.
35. And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I cannot go back.
36. And she said unto him, My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the LORD, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the LORD hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, even of the children of Ammon.
37. And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows.
38. And he said, Go. And he sent her away for two months: and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains.
39. And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel.
40. That the daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.
MEMORY VERSE: "Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. " (Philippians 4: 17)
MESSAGE: If you want to enjoy unbelievable fruitfulness and multiplications you must service your heavenly account. It is not as if God depends on your money to run heaven's affairs, rather it is for something to abide in your account. Servicing your heavenly account is a massive responsibility, but which when accomplished paves the way for fruitfulness and multiplication.
One of the major reasons believers do not make it big as they desire is that they do not have the spiritual wisdom to challenge God. Jephthah challenged God with the life of his daughter and fulfilled the vow after God gave him victory. If you need victory over your enemies, go ahead and challenge God with something that is reasonable. Unfortunately, many people make pledges without fulfilling them. Do not copy their example.
Do you want to be a beneficiary of God's great benevolence and magnanimity? Then stop being stingy and greedy. Give something that is tangible; something that will make a big impact in your pocket. Then you will see God in action.
Just sing a few songs of praise/worship and take the following prayer points.
1. Every spirit of stinginess and greed assigned against my prosperity. receive rebuke in Jesus name.
2. O God, give me the spirit of giving, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. All the caterpillars, cankerworms, palmerworms, spirits behind losses and wastages working against my lifting; be melted by the heat of the Holy Ghost, in Jesus name.
4. Every arrow of poverty fired against my life, return back to your senders, in Jesus name. In the name of Jesus, I possess my possessions.
AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA