DATE: TUESDAY 12TH FEBRUARY, 2016.
THEME: FEAR IS A TORMENT
TEXT: PROVERBS 9:10
10. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
MEMORY VERSE: “Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day”. (Psalm 91: 5)
Fear is the greatest enemy of man. Fear makes man to begin to imagine things that are not and make them appear as if they are. Fear can cause someone to make a mountain out of a moll hill. God does not want us to be afraid. In fact, the only fear that we as humans are supposed to have is the fear of God. Remember, God has the capacity to destroy both the body and the soul.
The night is usually associated with terror and during the day, terrible arrows fly here and there; even in the darkness pestilence walks about and there is destruction at noon day. In spite of all these, God does not want us to be afraid of them. Why? You may ask. The reason is very simple. He is with you. No matter the number of casualties that may be recorded, you will not be one of them. Because you have made God your habitation, no evil shall befall you. He will simply give His angels instructions concerning you. The angels know what to do. Just be assured: your own side of the bargain is to trust God; don’t be afraid and you will see His salvation.
Sing praise/ worship with one or two warfare songs. Pray and thank God and then ask for forgiveness of sins and take the following prayer points.
1. Every program of fear embarked upon by the enemy as a way of scaring me away from my fruitfulness and multiplication, receive frustration.
2. Any terror assigned against my life, catch fire, in Jesus’ name.
3.Any arrow flying for my sake, I return you back to your sender, in Jesus’ name.
4. Let the pestilence walking up and down for my sake; receive frustration, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Any evil, sorrow, or destruction waiting for me to come out so that it will happen, scatter by fire, in Jesus name.
AUTHOR: PASTOR LAZARUS MUOKA .