THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL





THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL…

 DATE: FRIDAY, 20TH NOVEMBER 2015.

THEME: EVERY STORM IN YOUR LIFE SHALL BE STILL.

TEXT: Luke 8:22-24
[22] Now it came to pass on a certain day, that he went into a ship with his disciples: and he said unto them, Let us go over unto the other side of the lake. And they launched forth.

[23] But as they sailed he fell asleep: and there came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were filled with water, and were in jeopardy.

[24] And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm..

MEMORY VERSE : Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved. Psalm 62:1-2

MESSAGE:
Every ugly situation you are passing through is a visitor (stranger). A stranger will surely depart. It might be sickness, disease or affliction. Whatever it is, will not continue forever. Or are you ravaged by poverty, no money to feed, pay house rent or children school fees, or you don't have work at all, or you received a message from home that your mother/father is seriously sick, yet you can't do anything because no money to eat, let alone the one to take to the hospital. All these ugly situations may be confronting you and you may be lamenting and asking, is this how this world is? Why is this or that happening to you? Yes, they are there so that you will testify. When God manifests His power in your life, a change will come and you will begin to testify. Cast your mind back to the Bible the woman with the issue of blood for 12 years, the man at the pool of Bethsaida for 38 years, the blind Bartimeaus, the ten lepers, Jabez etc. All these people passed through one ugly situation or the other but at the end, what happened? God saw them through. And so every storm in your life will receive calmness.

Let's go back to our text above; as the storm was raging, Jesus rebuked it and it remained calm and there was peace. So shall it be in your life. The master will soon rebuke the storm raging in your life and you will see it no more. What you need to do is to focus on the Master. Let nothing distract you. The disciples of Jesus were not distracted. As soon as the storm started and they saw the danger they were into, they called the Master and he intervened and there was peace. Our Master - Jesus will intervene and bring peace in your life and family.

PRAYER POINTS:
¶ Whatever that represents storm in your life, present it/them before God now.

¶ Pray that you will persevere to the end no matter what the devil is doing.

AMEND YOUR WAYS: If you are not born again you must do something as a matter of urgency. He that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8). If you are into lying, cheating, bitterness, keeping malice, pride, manifesting anger, quarreling, unforgiveness, hatred, envy, contention, strife, gossiping, taking or giving bribe, selfishness, kidnapping. If you are into masturbation, fornication, adultery, prostitution, abortion, lesbianism, homosexuality, you need to repent. Are you into idolatry, do you make or use charms, rituals, bow down to images, Are you into occultism? Do you smoke cigarette, cocaine, heroine? Are you lusting, covetous, alcohol drinking, divorcee or into worldliness?, you must stop bleaching your body, or painting your lips, eyes, fixing attachments, weave-on, earrings (Gen 35:2-4) Are you one of those that put on nude dresses, short skirts, transparent dresses to seduce (A seducer is not a Christian) do you wear trouser as a woman? Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ.
LET'S PRAY: If you want to give your life to JESUS pray this short prayer with me: Almighty God, I come unto you in the name of Jesus. Father I confess that I am a sinner. All my sins I confess to you. I am very sorry for all my sins. Lord I promise you that from today I will never continue in them anymore. I believe that Jesus Christ died and rose again on the third day for my justification. Almighty God, use the blood of Jesus to wash my sins away. Lord Jesus, come into my heart, be my Lord and Personal Savior. I surrender my life to you. Cancel my name from the book of death and give me grace to make Heaven. AMEN!

AUTHOR: PASTOR LAZARUS MUOKA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD'S ABUNDANT BLESSING IN THE KINGDOM UPDATE...

GRAND FINALE OF PORT HARCOURT CRUSADE, 2015.